Homework is used to enhance and support the learning which takes place in school; it should not be a chore or battle. Little and often is the best way.
- Reading daily - please record this in the reading diaries.
- Learning weekly spellings and practising the Year 5 and 6 words
- Learning multiplication tables
Helping your Child to Read at Home
There may be additional homework which may take the form of research or investigation, or if a child needs more practice in maths and English. However, this will be on a needs basis.
Pupils should use Spelling Shed to practise their weekly spellings in a fun, interactive way. However, it is still important to practise writing them down and putting them in sentences as this helps with vocabulary and muscle memory.
Click the link below
Multiplication tables are the key for all areas of maths. As a school, we use the Times Tables Rock Stars programme. All the pupils have a login and can access this at any time. The children have completed a baseline test which has assigned them to the appropriate table to practise. This automatically moves with them as they improve or need support. Click the link below to access the site.
MAT Multiplication Overview- All Year Groups
Multiplication Tables Check- Guide for Parents
Helpful Websites for Year 6 Revision
- This site has all of the Year 6 maths content with links to YouTube videos which explain the question
- This site contains tutorials for spelling and grammar
- This site has various games for each spelling pattern in KS2